This year, the TEK-2018 contest was held. The expert commission noted the high scientific and technical level of the joint work carried out by specialists of Micran and Gazprom Transgaz Tomsk.
Having examined the results of the joint scientific and technical work, the tender board decided to award the Tomsk team with the second-degree diploma for the project “Development and introduction of innovative import-substituting radio relay communication equipment in Gazprom.
What is TEK-2018 ?
TEK-2018 is an international contest of innovative developments, which is held annually since 2012 with the support of the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation. The TEK-2018 contest fosters innovative development of the energy and extractive industries.
What did Micran and Gazprom Transgaz Tomsk work on?
In 2007 – 2008 the gas pipeline Nizhny-Kvakchik-Petropavlovsk was built with a total length of 400 km. To ensure a reliable radio relay communication, Y-Split was used.
Due to the harsh weather conditions of Kamchatka, the companies decided to adapt the existing communication equipment for increased efficiency, reliability and security.
New scientific and technical solutions
Micran and Gazprom Transgaz Tomsk developed a unique product:
- Noise-immune encoding of LDPC and digital diversity combiner for high reliability of data transmission;
- Algorithms for partial redundancy of traffic. This solution provides flexible band redistribution for maximum throughput, preserving reliability for mission-critical information flows;
- For the first time ever, an optical cable was used to connect the external and internal block of the CRDS. This increases the lightning protection of equipment and eliminate potential EMC problems with feeders of other radio systems;
- For the first time ever, a group transit traffic was transmitted on intermediate and nodal radio relay stations without I/O and switching cards on an external cross-country. That was done thanks to an integrated electronic channel switch and high-speed optical interfaces;
- Remote control of dry contacts at a physical level for the connection of life-support systems (air conditioning, ventilation, heating, etc.);
- Increased information security level with remote connection to the automated operator's workplace.
Gazprom chose Micran’s equipment for their use at company facilities within the Power of Siberia project. The expected estimated economic effect is planned to be over 4 million dollars with the discount rate of interest taken into account.
Element has not been found.